Northshore Marine Group located at Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club, Newport is currently recruiting for an experienced full time Shipwright.
Northshore Marine service and repair all types of vessels including new boat commissions, refits, refurbishments, custom modifications, rigging and general ongoing maintenance.
The successful candidate will be working collaboratively with a team of tradesmen and apprentices, within the yacht club slipway and hardstand facilities and on Pittwater.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Relevant trade qualifications and/or demonstrated extensive shipwright experience
- Problem solving skills and an eye for detail
- Good communication skills and ability to work as a team member
- Positive can-do approach and flexibility to multitask
- High standard of work and ability to work productively in a timely manner
- Build positive workplace relationships with customers, colleagues and other contractors
- A strong understanding of safe work practices and workplace health and safety
- Be self motivated and reliable
Candidates will preferably have their own tools, boat licence and experience using an App for job cards. Supervisory experience would be advantageous, providing guidance for apprentices at times.
Monday – Friday, 7.30 – 4.30pm
Remuneration will reflect the level of industry experience.
Please direct any questions to Heath 0417 200 804 or Chris 0410 681 997. Applications including a cover letter and CV can be emailed to email@example.com